Friday, June 19, 2015

Resurection of The Blog

Hello Everyone!

I am resurrecting my book review blog. Mostly so that I have some place to catalog my literary thoughts, and to up my netgalley rating. A few quick updates. When I started this blog I was working at two bookstores in Los Angeles' South Bay. The wonderful comic book store Stuart Ng Books and the now defunct Borders Books. Since then I have quit working at both of those places, and I'm currently in Law School! Yeah, probably a life mistake, but I think ultimately for the best. I've just wrapped up my second year at Southwestern Law School. I was thinking about starting something new, but I still love the title of this blog. (A reference to My Life in the Bush of Ghosts by Amos Tutuola). I want to keep this because originally I meant it as a reference to being surrounded by books all the time. I've always loved reading, and books. I write as well, and it felt like an accurate description of my life. Even though I'm not currently working at a thousand bookstores books are still an incredibly important part of my life. I am working at the Library at school, and books are so critical to a lawyer's profession. I do feel that even though I am not actively engaged in the book biz right now, that I am still deeply set in that world. Plus it just makes sense for a book review blog.

That's it for now. Over the next week I want to write up reviews for what I have read over the summer.

Best

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment